Now this is my third time with Weight Watchers, but this is the first time I have seen some good results. The secret has been making it work with my regular routine. Now don't get me wrong, some things had to change. I am more likely to take the stairs and weigh out my portions and no more eating a bag of potato chips in one sitting or having a quesadilla for lunch everyday. This time I took foods I love and just lightened them up. As opposed to what I did the first time around, which was salads and microwaving Lean Cusines. I really did not like salads or Lean Cuisines. What would happen is I would eventually get sick of eating these foods and go back to how I ate before, sometimes worse to "make up for lost time."
So my suggestion to every Weight Watchers member or person looking to eat healthy is to make foods you love healthy and not munch on celery or Medifast shakes, because it will help you loose weight. Loosing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change. Before you go on a "diet" ask yourself, "Do I want to eat like this for the rest of my life?" If the answer is no, get on Pinterest or get some cookbooks because I promise you there are many tasty and healthy recipes. Better yet, try a Weight Watchers meeting.
Long ramble short, here are five recipes that are far more exciting than chicken breast and lettuce with comparable points plus values! All recipes incorporate chicken and veggies because maybe you're afraid to branch away from meats other than chicken like I was (I won't judge).
1. Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti Squash
It's still chicken and vegetables but less boring! Here is a recipe I recently made to replace my all time favorite food: Chicken Parmesan. I was snacking on the spaghetti squash noodles while I was cooking with no guilt because they're 0 points+!!
Recipe and image from: http://getoffyourtushandcook.com/2012/10/baked-chicken-parm-spaghetti-squash.html
2. Buffalo Chicken Burger with Broccoli Slaw
This is something I adapted from the Skinny Taste recipe (if you do not follow her blog, start!) Again, it's still chicken and vegetables! Instead of mixing up the patties, which I have done and was tasty, I usually just use a chicken breast or turkey burger. Also, use a sandwich thin as a bun.
Recipe and image from: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/buffalo-turkey-burgers-with-blue-cheese.html
3. Skinny Rosemary Chicken and Brown Rice
Spice up your chicken breast and veggies with rice and a fat free cream sauce. This recipe was super simple and super tasty!
Recipe and image from: http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/03/08/skinny-rosemary-chicken-and-brown-rice/
4. Shredded Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps
If you already have chicken breast and lettuce why not spice it up and make a taco?! I loved this recipe because I could eat a couple tacos with no guilt!
Recipes and image from: http://www.sugarfreelikeme.com/2014/01/low-carb-shredded-chicken-tacos.html
5. Skinny Chicken Fajitas
Another Skinny Taste recipe, I love her! This recipe is easy and satisfying!
Recipe and image from: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/04/chicken-fajitas-45-pts.html
Well, there you have it. I don't want to hear anyone having just chicken breast and lettuce for dinner, unless you absolutely love chicken breast and lettuce! If you have any more chicken and veggie recipes, I would love for you to share them in the comments!




No comments:
Post a Comment